Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hiatus

Well, the cold brought us temporarily back to Tuscaloosa. It's a mixed blessing. It's great to see folks again, to take a hot bath, to sleep in a big, dry bed. But I can't count the times I've run into people at the grocery store and had the "I thought you were supposed to be on the boat!" reaction. So I've memorized my "well, it's temporarily on hold because we might have gotten hypothermia sitting in an open cockpit for 28 hours while we crossed the gulf."

So I've begun compiling a list of things I need to do while I'm in town and not in school. I feel like this is the last time in many years that I will genuinely be free, so here goes:

Learn to do a handstand.
Complete 10 paintings.
Learn basic wiring.
Cook exotic meals.

I held a handstand for 3 seconds today, have completed two paintings, and I found a good recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala that gives a preparation+cooking time of two and half hours. I'm getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment